Invisible Illness

Invisible Illness

Friday, June 26, 2009

Some July 4th Spirit




I have been hard at work all day , hiding from the heat and humidity we are suffering in these parts. While the weather has been terrible for my pain, it has been great for my scrapping! I have gotten quite a bit accomplished, so expect quite a few posts in the next few days. Here is one that relates to the upcoming Fourth of July holiday - one of my favorite holidays. I am hoping and praying for some nicer weather so I can get out and about and do something with my family.




These deco squares took me almost no time at all to make. I cut the squares with my Cricut. I also cut the stars, hearts, watermelon , and the rectangle for the firework with my Cricut. All I had to do was assemble them and add a little glitter for embellishment. The glitter I added was actually glitter glue called Stickles - one of my favorites! I go through the stuff like crazy! It is super easy to use, and comes in all kinds of colors! Just be sure to allow enough time for the glue to dry, or it will smear.
The scan did not turn out well, these look a lot cuter in person than they do here. The bigger squares are blue, not black.
I like the way these turned out. Though quick and easy, I think they will look good on a July 4th layout.

2 comments: